Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lover's Leap

Whew!! Busy week of cake! This week I have been up to my elbows in cake and icing...at times I thought I was crazy for taking on a groom's cake and wedding cake in the same week, but I couldn't say no because I loved the idea of both the cakes! I'm a sucker for making pretty things :)

I have only met the bride and groom once, but I think they are such a cute couple! The are SOOO the couple that you can tell they are so in love from the moment you meet them. Soooo cute! Which is another reason I wanted to do both of their cakes :) I'm also a sucker for love and cute couples! They both like to ski/snowboard...so hence the groom's cake. Lover's Leap is such an appropriate name since marriage is truly a 'double black diamond' at times...but well worth every bit of hard work you put into it :) Congratulations Jarrett and Miriam!! I wish you two all the best!

I always get asked the question, "How long does it take to make a cake?". That is so hard to answer since each cake is unique...some look easy but take much longer than expected. I hardly ever watch the clock when making a cake, but this time I had set times to work on it so I have a better estimate than some other cakes.

As you can see...the cake itself wasn't too hard to do. Since it was a mountain it didn't require a lot of smoothing, but I did have to carve some. The figures themselves took me approximately 7-8 hours to make. Add the baking time, making icing, rolling fondant, decorating, delivery etc. The time can quickly add up. I would say this cake probably took 12 - 14 hours if I had to guess? Time consuming...but so much fun to see the end product! Hope the helps next time you're wondering how much time goes into a special cake :)




Will be back soon with wedding cake pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment