Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Let's Eat Cheerios!!

Party planning for Reid's 1st birthday had been underway for some time...woo hoo!!  The planner in me is always searching for birthday themes and the minute I saw cheerios on the internet the decision was made.  It's his favorite food...why not be his birthday theme! 

The first 'to-do' was to get the perfect invitation for my cutie...so into a bowl of cheerios he went!  Obviously he loved having access to all those cheerios, but a word to the wise...make your photo shoot quick!  The cheerios won't stay dry and fresh that long, if you know what I mean :)  Heather Beck was spot on with perfect invitations as always!  She will even put an inspiration board together so you can see your whole vision in one place.  Awesome!  Give her a call for your next event and don't forget to tell her I sent you :) 

Why do I like birthday parties? (and any party really)  For many reasons...but most of all because our daily lives are so busy and often our attention is switching from boy to boy so quickly and hardly landing on any one of them for all too long.  Birthdays are a special time we get to focus on the birthday boy and make it all about them.  Whether the party is big or small doesn't matter...it's just a time to celebrate their life, the past year and the year to come.  We aren't promised tomorrow, so I want to make sure I celebrate them as much as I can.  So while I love making over them on their birthdays and other days throughout the year...with boys, I know my years for cute parties are limited...so for now I'll do it up 'Rachel style'.

1 comment:

  1. I am working on a Cheerios themed birthday invite for my little one... How did you make the "o's" a cheerio? Is there a cheerio font? did you photoshop a picture of a cheerio to cut out the o? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete