Wednesday, April 21, 2010

West Virginia Wedding

I love doing cakes, but it's especially fun to do a cake for such a special occasion in someone's life! Nerve racking...but fun! This was my second wedding cake and with the trip to West Virginia it took a bit more planning than normal. I tried new pearl molds for the border and got lots of practice making roses from gumpaste. The simple look of this cake with a pop of color was just enough and looked great with the other wedding decor. I hope it was everything the bride wanted! Congratulations Tiffany and Jeff!








1 comment:

  1. Simplicity at its best. This cake is beautiful! I can have a cake like this for my engagement day. My wedding is next month in one of the San Francisco wedding venueses that we still have to decide but it is going to be easy because my fiancé is going to pick one.

    ReplyDelete