Sunday, March 21, 2010

Boys Will Be Boys

This weekend has been an interesting one to say the least! We had Aiden's first soccer game on Saturday morning and we were soooo excited about it! As Aiden was completely confused and upset that everyone was 'taking the ball away from him' our excitement quickly went from smiles to tears. I quickly tried to explain the game of soccer to him, but have you ever tried to explain soccer to a 4 year-old boy crying uncontrollably?? Not so easy :) Up until this point in practice all the boys played with their own soccer balls and soccer was nothing but fun. Now, when there is only one ball to play with it was a COMPLETELY different story! So...I got him calmed down and even resorted to bribery which is normally not my tactic. (FYI...Chic-fil-a was the prize!) So back to the field he went...and back he came 2 minutes later crying harder than ever! Oh....this was NOT how I envisioned his first game :( By the end he did calm back down and go on the field to shake hands, but all I can say is I hope and pray that next weekend will be much better. So, we spent Saturday afternoon (and hopefully today too) trying to rough him up playing take away and explain soccer to him. Don't get me wrong...there are worse things in life than having a boy cry along the side lines, but I thought I would blog so everyone else could laugh along with us. If you have any advice....PLEASE leave a comment :)

I actually got one photo of him playing...and as you can see he actually was doing good...but he obviously didn't think so. He was actually running fast, but as you can also see he was worried about everyone else behind him that would soon take the ball :) To be fair, the boy with the ball was playing like he was Beckham! I'm surprised more kids weren't crying!



Oh...I almost forgot my other funny story! Today (Sunday) during naptime I hear Aiden yell from the top of the stairs..."Mommy...I was trying to get lotion and its all over my bed!" I'm in the kitchen thinking of the mess I have upstairs of all the J&J lotion covering Aiden's bed. I get up there to find out it wasn't lotion. Aiden some how found a tube of lanolin I had from when I breastfed Max. Lanolin was all over his bed, the footboard to his bed and floor. But Aiden was quick to point out that you can't see it on the floor...so I guess that meant it was ok :) Then I look at Aiden and he has lanolin all over his legs and arms. At this point I was wishing it would have been J&J lotion like I first imagined! We got things cleaned up and put him back down for a nap. But then I can't help wondering how he got so much lanolin out of that tube? I remember fighting with that tube when I was breastfeeding because lanolin is so dang thick!! I guess where there's a will, there's a way! Oh...what will the boys have in store for me next?? Well...one thing is for sure...Aiden's skin won't get dry or chapped anytime soon!

On a wonderful note...Max pee peed on the potty this weekend!!! Yeah Max!!! We all did the potty dance and jumped up and down for joy! Maybe the end of diapers isn't too far off....until the next baby of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment